Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

4.03.2007

And we are free.

There are so many themes that can relate to Holy Week: redemption, thankfulness, forgiveness, darkness.

At my church, the community has done a remarkable job of tackling the subject of slavery (both in theory and in reality). My crew and I are in the process of wrapping our arms around a particularly butt-kicking Sunday sermon (which I expect to post about more concretely in a bit).

But in my own life’s circumstances, I’ve been captivated by liberation.

This week, an amazing liberation is taking root in the life of my aunt. She’s already failed a few times, but I’ve remained hopeful and prayed a lot.

So my heart just melted yesterday when I got the news that she's agreed to go into rehab.

I’m so unbelievably proud of her. To face your inner demons, all the while knowing the consequences will separate you from your children - that’s no small feat.

I’m also sort of knocked on my ass about this. I’ve been praying for this redemption for awhile, and God delivered. He came through. Though I’ve seen some miraculous things in my life, it never ceases to amaze me when that happens. But that’s the beautiful part about God’s liberation. He doesn’t give up on us.

“With your hand you drove out the nations,
and planted our fathers;
you crushed the peoples
and made our fathers flourish.
It was not by their own sword that they won the land,
nor did their arm bring them victory;
It was your right hand, your arm,
and the light of your face, for you loved them.”

Psalm 44:2-3

So, my friends...I see again what true, flourishing, life-giving liberation can be like. Please join the chorus in prayer and thanksgiving, because this Holy Week, my heart is singing, loud and off-key and in inappropriate places:

"You are so good to me,
You heal my broken heart,
You are my father in heaven...
You are beautiful, my sweet, sweet song."

You Are So Good To Me - 100 Portraits & Waterdeep Album: Enter the Worship Circle

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home