Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

6.18.2006

A tribute

You

are a true man.

cradled my small body as an extension of your own.

always went 50-50.

kissed me unabashedly and never held back love.

taught me more about historical knowledge than any book I've ever read.

made me fly when you held the back of my bike and let me go in the Sutherlands parking lot.

were always the "cool one," but never TRIED to be.

have loved my Mother with an intensity that is inspiring.

taught me my ABC's and your eyes twinkled as I recited them back,
"Allman Brothers, Beatles, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young."

make "Ally-bally" sound like the most beautiful name in the world.

are the best person on earth to take a walk with.

provided a safe harbor when life would storm.

make the world stop when you turn up Led Zep in the car and tune out the world.

inspired me to explore - whether gift shops, beaches or continents.

protected me from heartache with the wisdom of male experience.

never held back sympathy when I didn't listen and hurt anyway.

are the best air guitar player I know.

always make me smile when you answer the phone with an endearing nickname.

just understand my need to do something bigger.

make moments magical - like floating down a Minnesota river three summers ago.

changed my life when I asked for your advice at the fair and you gave it.

are the best Father I could have hoped for.

1 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, this guy sounds like a cool dude! He must have had a great daughter to be this great role model for!

Thank you honey, I love you too.
Daey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home