Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

3.06.2007

Wageni, mwakaribishwa


Translation: "Foreigners, you're welcome"

As most of the longtime FTS readers know, I went to Kenya last summer with my friends' organization Soulfari Kenya.

If you've been intrigued reading about my journey, I highly encourage you to consider going. This trip is a beautiful way to serve others - it's life-changing, humbling and is a great way to see firsthand what the media, Bono, Oprah and everyone else are talking about.

There are still spots left for this summer's trip from July 5-26, 2007. For details, check out soulfarikenya.com or read the Soulfari blog. (They'll probably accept travelers until the end of March or so.)

Also, you might remember my posts about the group's side project, FACE.AFRICA. All the artist's works can now be viewed on the Soulfari site! I'll be posting more news about this here in the future, but this art collaborative is amazing and going to yield great fruit. The portraits will be a beautiful gift to each of the children from Villa Teag orphanage. (They'll receive their portrait when the Soulfari group goes this summer.)
Karibu Kenya!

Fun link: Click to listen to the famous Kenyan greeting song, "Jambo" (words here).

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Mar said...

Damn I love that song! Where were you Friday??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home