Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

6.14.2006

Your Life: The Soundtrack











You know how I like to post specific tuneage for the day? Well, it turns out there are some likeminded folks out there. This exercise was insanely tough, but completely worth the effort.

Enjoy! You can take your own here, but let me know what you come up with....because I need an excuse to buy more music.

Opening Credits: Spelunking - Laura Veirs
Waking Up: Here I Dreamt I was an Architect - The Decemberists
Average Day: You Are What You Love - Jenny Lewis With The Watson Twins
First Date: A Long Walk - Jill Scott
Falling in Love: That Teenage Feeling - Neko Case
Love Scene: Let Me Touch You for Awhile -Alison Krauss & Union Station
Fight Scene: Burn - Ray LaMontagne
Breaking Up: The Dumbing Down of Love -Frou Frou
Getting Back Together: Refuge (When It's Cold Outside) - John Legend
Secret Love: Lightness - Death Cab For Cutie
Life's okay: And It Stoned Me - Van Morrison
Mental Breakdown: Fire Door - Ani DiFranco
Driving: Middle Of Nowhere -Hot Hot Heat
Learning a Lesson: Hey Hey What Can I Do - Led Zeppelin
Deep Thought: Protection -Massive Attack
Flashback: Pink Moon - Nick Drake
Partying: This Fire - Franz Ferdinand
Happy Dance: The Light- Common
Regretting: I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues
Long Night Alone: Brand New Colony - The Postal Service
Death Scene: Picture Of Jesus - Ben Harper
Closing Credits: Last Goodbye - Jeff Buckley

Plus these two FANTASTIC songs deserved an addition:
I'll Turn Around: Do You Realize? - Flaming Lips
Oddly Ponderant: If I Was Your Girlfriend - Prince

Also, I recommend this ENTIRE CD. Rachel Ries - For You Only. I bought it yesterday, and I am sold. The lyrics are beautiful, her voice is charming (in the vein of Laura Veirs and Jenny Lewis) and the 'gitar pickin' is perfect for summer. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking it up.

8 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. What's THIS? A picture of Ally?

B

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a really great picture of you. you should come up north for the 4th! party here. enjoy home cooked food here.

-Bridge

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Ally said...

Tempting, Bridge. I'll email you.

I know...isn't it a bit vain to post your own photos? It's really supposed to be about the iPod...I'm just window-dressing.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Esue said...

You know how much I love lists...www.whatsthequestion.blogspot.com

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger myleswerntz said...

i need to redo this list. mine's way outdated. i have two CC on my old list, and i don't listen to them much anymore. still like them, mind you, but their last albums have sucked dog.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Esue said...

Man, seriously, their last albums HAVE sucked dog, but you can't take away August and Everything After...still tops my list...Pearl Jam put out a shitty album, and they're still cool right? Geez, I hope Jesse doesn't read this...

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger myleswerntz said...

DONT EVER DOG THE PJ. their new album makes up for Riot Act six times over.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Ally said...

Am I going to have to separate you two?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home