Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

3.13.2008

small benediction - thursday

Go out of your way to do something for someone. Put a little effort into it.

***
I had a friend I sort of fell out of touch with. Some of it was my pride, some of it healthy distance. I heard about a life change she was going through, and though we hadn't spoken in 6 months or so, I sent something to her. I talked it over with the man, and he encouraged me to send it - even if I never heard back, it would make her day.

This week I got back the nicest, sweetest card in response.

I could have sat on it. I've done it a million times before, but that simple act let her know I cared, and reminded me that all isn't lost.

***

Though I don't think of myself as prideful, it is hard to humble myself and reach out with the frequency I'd like.

Might we go beyond ourselves today and love someone. Might we be the love we so desperately seek.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home