Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

3.12.2008

Be loved. Be blessed.

I used to write that a lot as a closing line in emails, thanks to inspiration from an old college buddy.

I found it beautifully comforting to pass that along to my friends as a benediction. I felt that in our rushrushbusybusy work lives, it might be soothing to take a second and be loved before we jumped back in.

***

A few nights ago I called my voicemail at work to remind myself of a task. In my calm 9 p.m. voice, I told my future self to rest and take a minute to be thankful the next day. I uttered those words, "Be blessed. Be loved." By the following morning, I was already amped up and needed the reminder.

***

I hope that I still do things like this for my friends. If I haven't been lately, you deserve a group apology. I am sorry. It's been a selfish time, learning to be in love and start a new job. I am sometimes neglectful. I hope to work it out.

First step: don't miss chances for small benedictions.

Happy Wednesday all. Be blessed. Be love to someone who needs it today.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be blessed... be loved...

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger myleswerntz said...

i love small benedictions.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Ally said...

Thank you anon...

Mr. Myles...it's been a long time since I've seen you 'round here. I keep up on your blog and it seems that life in TX is just fine :)

You'll all notice I'm feeling inspired. We'll see if this becomes a series.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home