Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

2.20.2008

Just another manic Wednesday

Life is good and busy and in the midst of all of it, I'm feelin' real good today. A few thoughts:

-There's been far too much stuff already this winter. Lots of illness, sudden travel plans and new life changes on the horizon. But I feel good and still today, so I'm going with it and we're not dwelling here. God, we might need a break soon, ok?

-I'm coming to terms with the fact that life is what it is. Sometimes it's just enough to get out of bed and get through your day. Sometimes that's your first sign that you have to change something and adapt.

-I watched a sinfully good movie by myself last night - Amanda Bynes in Sydney White. Wow. Certainly not academy award caliber, but just perfect for unwinding after a long day. I had a Black Dog Ale to counteract the cheesiness.

-I'm subsequently grateful for said Black Ale. 1 1/2 of them could also be the reason I enjoyed the movie.

-I'm also learning that life doesn't look like the past. I don't know when I started thinking that we master things and keep them forever, but baby, it just keeps on rolling ahead. Onward we go...

-It's fun to try and find new ways that God impresses you. Bright skies, pomegranate tea, Broken Social Scene on a Wednesday, boots and hitting the snooze alarm to snuggle longer with my honey. All beautiful gifts.

-Barack is OWNING the primaries. I'm just curious why McCain won 2 states and "sewed up the nomination" but Obama's winning streak is still "tenuous." Can't wait for November, President Obama. It's gonna be glorious. I'll be hopeful once again.

What's up out there, blogger commenters? I feel like it's been far too long...

2 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Bruce said...

Hey Ally.

I tried to post the other day but couldn't remember my darn password so I gave up.

Nice article on Julius and Sarah this morning in the paper.

"Hello" Sarah. I hope things are going well and that your husband and his family are safe!

Life has been unbelievably crazy at work. I've worked 11 to 12 hour days every day for the past 2 or 3 weeks, and then still about half or more of the weekends. It sucks.

Loving the fact that Obama is doing so well. Let's hope the wheels don't fall off in Texas or Ohio.

I used to think I could stomach McCain, but the more I hear, the less I think so. And HRC never has lit a fire in my soul.

I'm with you regarding a beer and a movie. Unfortunately last night Deanna and I watched the Bourne Something or other. It was TERRIBLE. The other day we watched Once. That's a fabulous film, especially for a fledgling guitar player. But I absolutely fell in love with the female lead!!!

Thank goodness it's only a movie!

Time to watch Iowa basketball.

Glad to hear you're alive and well.

B

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Bruce said...

Uh OH!!!

I read in the paper that funding for the zoo may be in jeopardy.

Lions and Tigers and Bears!!!

Oh MY!!!

Let's hope that doesn't happen.

BTW, how's the new construction going? Deanna and I will be bringing the grandkids out again at least once this summer I'm sure.

Can't wait to see it.

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home