Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

3.18.2008

Practice

"What you don't have you don't need it now, what you don't know you can feel out somehow."
Beautiful Day - U2

I woke up almost an hour earlier than normal today and stole away for some quiet time.

There's been a lot of noise lately.

As I was praying, I read through Psalm 18 - a psalm of celebration and thanksgiving for David's deliverance. Afterwards, one thought hit me:

Practice gratitude.

This brings me to my next benediction: we must practice having a spirit of gratefulness. It does not come our way without exercise. The more we are thankful, the more we see around us to give thanks for.

Slowly, life begets life. Beauty begets beauty. Peace begets peace.

May we be diligent about practicing gratitude. We need so desperately to feel more hope and find our souls quieted by God. Gratitude is a quick way toward His arms.

Today, may you practice being grateful for the things you have.

1 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Bruce said...

I'm grateful I have the chance to have a cold beer after a very stressful day at the salt mines.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home