Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

12.20.2007

Lunchtime struttin'

I had lunch with myself today. We went out for soup and some quiet and I found myself back in lovelovelove with Anne Lamott all over again.

Even when I was a kid books could make me happy faster than just about anything. As an adult I think kisses might work better, but prose like this gives me the same sort of warm feeling:

“…I had decided that I was going to take my thighs and butt with me proudly wherever I went. I decided, in fact, on the way to the beach that I would treat them as if they were beloved elderly aunties, the kind who did embarrassing thing at the beach like roll their stockings into tubes around their ankles, but whom I was proud of because they were so great in every real and important way.” from Traveling Mercies

So me and my aunties strutted out to the car and back to work. Mmm. Mmm. Mmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home