Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

12.18.2007

Breathe peace

The last 2 years I’ve been fortunate enough to enjoy a quiet December calendar. There was space to relax. There were few obligations or presents to buy. There was a quiet peace to prepare for Christmas and to renew myself before the new year arrived.

In its place, a packed calendar has sprung up and I’ve been lamenting the busyness of this year.

This morning I had some time to think and it struck me that I am cursing good things that have sprung up since last year. This December has been full of gatherings with friends, family in town, work meetings for a new job that I’m blessed by, volunteer work I’m passionate about, and holiday time with a boyfriend I love.

That’s enough to fill a calendar.

Still, I don’t want to vanish away to a frazzled mess in the middle of all this blessing, so I’m hoping to making this next week more intentionally quiet and reflective. These are just the first seeds of musing, so I’m reticent to pin down what that looks like, but I wanted to share my feelings because I think a few of you might be feeling the same way.

And so, that leads to this wish for myself and all of my friends and family and readers:

I pray that you would know peace in the next week leading up to Christmas. Whether it’s a stolen lunch for just yourself and your thoughts, a quiet time to pray or meditate, or the gift of grace for all the things you’ll leave undone this week, I pray that you all would see the space around you and not feel strangled.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
"May those who love you be secure.

May there be peace within your walls
and security within your citadels."

For the sake of my brothers and friends,
I will say, "Peace be within you."

For the sake of the house of the LORD our God,
I will seek your prosperity.

Psalm 122:6-9

May you breathe peace in and pass it around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home