Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

8.20.2007

I love it when God shows off

In response to Bruce’s question in the comments, here’s the short answer to why I’m so happy:

1. This new job is incredibly exciting and mentally stimulating
2. I am absolutely crazy about a wonderful man…and he feels the same way about me
3. Soulfari Kenya has some big and exciting plans this year

And the long answer:

This is the time where I get to swim around in all of God’s blessings in my life.

Some days lately seem so incredible that it’s too much to touch or describe…it’s the closest I’ve been to heaven in a long time. I want to shout from the rooftops about how great God is. About how lovely this world and its people are. About how phenomenal it is that we can care and create and love and breathe and get to do it every day. I want to yell and dance and sing and spin and laugh like a child because of it.

So that’s sort of what I’m doing…only inside, because my new co-workers would think I was crazy.

All this beauty settles my heart and eases my mind. I know it won’t last forever and life is so fleeting, and I’m incredibly aware of that. Times like this are few and far between, and as far as I’m concerned, it’s damn near blasphemous for us to feel guilty about being so lucky or loved.

So that’s why I’ve had trouble writing anything of great consequence. I’m too busy smiling and dreaming and living and loving. And it's fantastic.

Dear readers, do tell me a tale or two about what’s been beautiful in your lives lately. This goodness seems to be contagious, so I’ve got an inkling that a few of you feel pretty blessed too. Shall we have a heartfest in the comments?

9 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Bruce said...

A:

I think it's awesome that things are rockin' along so well for you that you are having a tough time writing. It could be ton worse......

: )

As for me, I'm blessed with a great family. Last weekend 3 of my 5 grandkids visited. We went to Worlds of Fun (where everyone wanted to ride with Papa) played nerf tag, played in the sprinkler and with the hose, tried out our oldest grandson's new birthday toys, had fun family dinners and generally had a good old time.

Starting Saturday, Deanna and I are going to be vacationing for a week with all three of her sisters and her mom and dad. Specifically we're going fishing with the whole family. Something Deanna's dad has ALWAYS wanted to do, but something we could never work in until our kids got older. It should be fun.

One thing I'm truly grateful for is barely and hops.

As some of you know, I'm not really a card carrying God fellow.....but IF there IS a God, certainly one of his/her best creations is beer.

Woohoo.

Ally had a suggestion today for a beer called Weach or something funky like that. God forbid one of my old ballplayers friends catches me drinking something like that. It's bad enough that I drink low carb beer. I catch plenty of grief about that. But I lost a person nearly as large as Ally, when I cut out most of those evil carbs.

I'm rambling now, but I think it's only fair that someone other than Ally carries the weight around here sometimes.

I have a blog, but it was created only for a specific work function, so it's worthless to go visit, unless you're looking for a good recipe for endive or a killer chocolate martini recipe.

I'm out of here for now. But before I go....let me just say, Ally I'm darn happy for you. It's awesome you love your new job and have a great man in your life. Heck, I wouldn't doubt that your food suddenly tastes better and your car is getting better mileage these days.

Anyone else????

B

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Bruce said...

make that barley

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Ally said...

Now THAT's what I'm talking about. Group participation. Thanks B.

I'm tellin' ya, Wheach sounds lame-o, but it's delish. Another one in my fridge is He'brew (the chosen beer). I can't recommend it on taste, but holy crap, the name is rockstar.

Sounds like life's cruisin' along. Happiness wears well on you.

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ally,

Glad to hear all is going so well! It's fun to be in that place in life.

I am happy for Market Pantry strawberry fruit snacks from Target. mmmmmm good.

Kendra

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I am happy for my husband and good friends too....:)

K

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Esue said...

Fruit snacks always win out Keni. :)

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Bruce said...

Fruit snacks....

Yum!!!!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Ally said...

This reminds me of my old food posts where I'd share my love for things like cheese, wine and coffee (though not necessarily in the same meal).

A fruit snack sounds pretty darn tasty right now, too ;)

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! Glad you're happy at the zoo!
That rhymes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home