Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

8.09.2007

"Git 'er done for God"

was hands down the funniest church sign I've ever seen (en route to the Ozarks). Check these out for a good Thursday laugh.

Cleverest comparison: Moses' basket journey
Most poetic: Raise your sails
Least favorite: Tithe if you love Jesus (isn't guilt played out yet?)

4 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ally,
i found your blog a while ago and really enjoyed reading it when i could, but i felt all shy commenting on a stranger's blog, until i read this bit of William Blake and it made me think of your blog, and, well.
you know.
here.

"I give you the end of a golden string,
Only wind it into a ball,
It will lead you in at Heaven's gate,
Built in Jerusalem's wall."

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Bruce said...

OK.

That's it. A stranger comes in here and delivers the best comment ever....

I'm outta here!!!

: )

B

And welcome stranger. Very profound and relevant prose.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Ally said...

Welcome strangers and friends alike. That was beautiful.

I love Blake, but sadly have read so little of him. Anyone with prose or poetry is welcome to submit and it might make the homepage, as you can see I've been preoccupied lately.

All good things, though, I promise. It's just hard to opine when you're awfully happy :)

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Bruce said...

Then bless us with your happiness Ally. And forgive me for welcoming folks. That's YOUR job.

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home