Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

8.02.2007

Show and tail

(Ha. It was only a matter of time before I started the zoo puns. )

Story time, kiddos.
Yesterday I grabbed my lunch and walked through our Australia section. It's the only part of the Zoo I hadn't fully explored yet, and I really wanted to see our Orangutans since we're doing a run in September to benefit them.

I sat on a bench and ate my salad, listening to the birds and bugs chirrp in the 95 degree heat. Although I was sweating, I felt like such a big, lucky kid. I'd snagged an info sheet with the names and identifying characteristics of certain animals so I'd know who I was cooing at.

After lunch, I meandered down the path and didn't get very far before I ran across these beautiful guys - red pandas (sorry Kel, we don't have the big ones). Too cool.



As I continued on, I ran across our demoiselle crane. While I'm not usually a bird fan, this is a really beautiful bird that I think is so striking - especially the pretty plumage on their heads.


And although I saw these on Tuesday in our Discovery Barn (also where the koalas are...so cute!) these. are. hands. down. the.awesomest.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the blue poison dart frog.
"I painted the frogs blue because I've never seen a blue frog and I always wanted to know what one looked like."

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger Bruce said...

An innocent bystander would say you're having fun....

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, we need to bring back our "The Pandas are Back" game? KMC

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Ally said...

I knew you'd like that Kel. B - I'm having a BLAST!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger bri-bri said...

miss ally,

i don't know where to email you now cuz the only address i have is your opera address! so here i am. i just wanted to let you know i slapped a pretty photo of a friend of yours up on my blog...and there are more in the "dandora" album.. so check it out when you can. i am excited to see you on the 18th for the board meeting! congrats on your new job - it sounds great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home