Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

7.18.2007

One Happy Girl

I’m wearing a tiara right now. I feel very loved.

Today is my last day as an opera lady. And while my co-workers didn’t serenade me (trust me, you don’t want opera staffers to sing), almost the entire staff showed up for my goodbye lunch at Manny’s.
Ain’t nuthin’ like Manny’s to send you off well.

Our director of education gave me a tiara to wear while I opened presents (and for my last day). I got a few opera things, but the group gift brought me to tears – a book called Angels in Africa. I was so moved. These people really got me. They’ve supported me in all of my endeavors.

I’ve been saying it would be bittersweet for awhile, but today, I really feel it.

I’m about to go off and wander though the theatre for the last time. I want to run my hands over the red velvet seats while this place is still mine. I want descend the stairs into the orchestra pit and think of all the melodies that linger in the air. I’ll relive memories I wrote about when I first started, but didn’t understand until now. This music and its longings are a part of my blood now.

At times like this I am so aware of how beautiful this life is. In moments like that, I could curl up in a ball and swim around in it. Time feels infinite.

Today is one of those infinite days. And I’m wearing a tiara to celebrate.

3 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger Esue said...

Congrats girl! Here's to a new exciting adventure!

Hey, here's the battleship link - http://www.battleshiphalfmarathon.active.com/site3.aspx

they don't have a 10k, so you'd have to take the plunge of doing the half or run another 5k. It says on the site that it's a challenging run (I mean, cmon, it's 13 miles), but when I asked Julie about it she said the middle 9 or 10 miles are flat.

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you Ace!!! You are at such a great place in your life!!! Let's enjoy the ride together!!!

(or are you Chief? What kind of friend am I? Le sigh. I hang my head in shame.)

- Chief (or Ace)

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Ally said...

Just remember our names - Ally = Ace, you = Chief :)

Thanks for the good wishes gals.

E, I'll think on November. If nothing else, maybe I'll come out and do the 5K just to see you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home