Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

8.01.2007

Comfort in the middle of newness

I’m sitting in my new office at the zoo (yes, an OFFICE) and I’m getting my life in order.

As I sit at my computer and reclaim all of my old blog links and try to remember other bits of old habits, I’m drinking coffee and musing about just how important it is to feel comfortable when we're in the midst of transition.

I'm struck that the beautifully sinking feeling of comfort manifests itself in so many different ways in my life. It's present in the silent times I experience in the presence of an old friend. It's evident in loving touches I'm reveling in. I feel it in the first sigh when I start to pray.

When I've been faced with new things or change in the past, I've had a tendency to be overwhelmed by them and completely miss the bits of comfort in the storm. But with this job, I guess my spirit was ready before I was, because I'm just not feeling that way about it. I feel remarkably comfortable.

Le sigh. In that spirit of comfort, I'm going back to my coffee and Joe Purdy. This day will unfold around me as my newly plastered pictures on my filing cabinet of all of you smile back at me. I'm going to keep learning about how to plan this wicked cool event, and maybe, just maybe, I'll go eat my salad with the giraffes today.

I am one lucky kid.

2 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally jealous that you have an office....AND get to eat lunch with the animals. I'm totally joining you when the penguins get there. So proud of you. KMC

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Bruce said...

Cubicles are offices too!

: )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home