Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

6.20.2007

summertime soul searching

I find a way back to myself each summer. Perhaps it’s the longer days or the sweet and soft air but I feel more content when I get in some porch time in the languid air.

My hypothesis is that after a winter spent hibernating, I’m ready to throw the covers off and see what’s below. If it’s bad, it’s just too damn hot to care. If it’s good, well, it’s just perfect weather to sit outside and drink tea in its company.

Either way, I’m approaching each new day like “it’s summertime and the livin’ is easy.”

So easy, in fact, that I only winced (not wept) when I turned in my cable box yesterday afternoon. It was sort of like passing around the collection plate and turning my head to the heavens - “Really? I should put in that much? Maybe we could just baby step this first, ya know?” But, it turns out that you can’t give back half of a cable box, soooo….it’s kind of a done deal.

I predict:

1. My apartment is gonna get REALLY clean.
2. Both my gym and running shoes will get a lot more use.
3. I’ll get some sort of fix from NPR for a while but will throw my radio through the window after I hear the same story 3 times in one night.
4. Books will be finished! Huzzah!
5. I will make a SERIOUS dent in my writing/editing projects.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home