Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

8.24.2007

Friday randomness

new foods/beverages that i officially heart:
-nigiri...i've learned to like it and sushi rolls are boring now
-he'brew. "the chosen beer." too awesome for words.
-buffalo tourneados from blue bird bistro. i don't know what in the heck at tourneado is, but it's good. real good.

rediscovered tuneage you MUST check out:
-massive attack's "blue lines" album. great music to tick away a friday.
-mos def's "black on both sides." brilliant lyrics from an amazing musician

new tuneage you GOTTA get:
-common's new album "finding forever." hit up "i want you" and recognize.
-the man, the myth, the legend...Prince's "planet earth." if youself like some gui-tar, you won' t be disappointed.

guilty pleasure artist:
-r. kelly. i knowiknowiknow. what's wrong with me? i should've had my fill after "step in the name of love" and "ignition" but seriously, anyone else think that "i'm a flirt" is like crack? he's the artist you hate to love but do anyway.

movie to check out:
-superbad. it's super good, and hi-lar-ious. "i love you, kel. i want to scream it from the rooftops."

rediscovered childhood game that rules:
-clue. miss scarlet in the billiard room with the knife...kicking ass. love that game.

2 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My only sadness is that I've not seen the video for "Step in the Name of Love" ENOUGH times to have mastered the group choreographed dance...the all-white-dressed party, stepping to the name of (R. Kelly's) love.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Ally said...

Mr/Ms. Anonymous...I think we're kindred spirits. I used to watch videos REPEATEDLY to learn the choreography. A few months ago, I got the chance to show my skills and teach a wedding party the "Thriller" routine. I'm sure it was hilarious.

Is it me, or does "stepping" look ridiculously easy, but is super tough?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home