Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

9.28.2006

Asante sana, Jesus (totally sick of spelling in swahili)

Why Jesus rocks my face off (reasons 16-20):

16. Rituals.
I love traditions, and I especially love them when they happen naturally and not by someone's annoying insitence (I'm talking to you, Valentine's Day). Kelli, Cass and I have started having dinner at rotating apartments once a week and the break during the work week is so refreshing. I'm blessed to have women to break bread with. And to take 5 minutes to "let all the bad stuff out."

17. Leaves.
I'm cruising in to work yesterday and I see this beautiful tree alongside I-35 that was calling to me like a lone harbinger of fall. It's BLAZING red. I hadn't even noticed that the trees are also echoing my sentiments about fall's delight.

18. Fig Trees.
I've never laid eyes upon one, but yesterday during a prayer session at church over the lunch hour, this proverb struck me: "He who tends a fig tree will eat its fruit, and he who looks after his master will be honored." (Prov. 27:18) Let's just say it helped me go back to work with a little more grace for my co-workers.

19. Getting off the soapbox.
So, I officially have a position on the board of Soulfari Kenya, and I'm going to my first meeting this Sunday a.m. I'm so excited that they still want to include me, and that my vision has some practical application. We're going to do some great stuff, and I'll get to stop talking about all the ways we can change the world and do it.

20. Hats.
Again, the fall weather rocks. I pulled out the old newsboy cap yesterday, and I think it's quite fetching. One of my co-workers made me do a little model pose. I look pissed or indifferent or something, but still....oorah for hats.

3 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the risk of offending....

I'd say you look a bit like a mannequin from Macy's in NYC!

: )

B

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm..

And let me follow that up by saying your porcelain skin and doe eyes would be a tremendous assest for ANY mannequin......

BTW, I've had a long weekend and several Sunday football beers, so it should be noted that neither the previous comment, nor this one was intended to offend you in any way.

Later.

B

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Ally said...

Madonna's "Vogue" is running through my head right now.

No offense taken, Bruce. I said I looked pissed, but the Macy's thing makes sense too ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home