Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

9.25.2006

Asante sana, Jesus (moja through tano)
















Yesterday night I reached a summit. I’m not quite sure how or why, but for the first time since returning from Kenya, I feel like myself again.

Whenever my spirit is nicely settled, it seems to give birth to a fountain of gratitude. So, in the thread of posts of olden times, I’m going to spend the next week reveling in thanks. It’s been too long since I’ve publicly declared how superawesomebeautifullovingstellarsparklinghealingredeemingkindgentle
forgivingamorouspowerfulcomfortinganddelightful
God is, especially in specific ways in my life.

When I consciously make this effort, I always reflect on the beautiful majesty of God’s blessing at the end of the day (because you never know what’s gonna happen before you go to bed), so entry one is from last night.

Why Jesus rocks my face off (reasons 1-5)
*In no order of importance.

1. My relationship with my Mom is so solid right now. This makes me ecstatic.
2. For the first time in my life, my church feels like it's home. I’m teaching the art workshop for children’s church in October, and I’m presenting some of my artwork at their Elemental Faith exhibit. It doesn’t feel forced, and this place is beautiful.
3. In my prayer life and through recent practical application, God’s teaching me what REAL faith, patience and loving-kindness look like. He has confidence in my ability to learn.
4. I went to Kenya. I did it. I just want to say that again. I freaking went to Kenya. It happened. Wow. It still blows my mind.
5. I’m learning how to handle myself like an adult who possesses grace. I’m pretty damn proud of that.

Today's soundtrack: A New Law - Derek Webb - Mockingbird

1 Comments:

At 5:22 AM, Blogger Esue said...

Asante sana, Bwana. You can never go wrong with sincere gratitude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home