Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

9.26.2006

Asante sana, Jesus (sita through kumi)

Why Jesus rocks my face off (reasons 6-10):

6. For spectacularly simple advice.
I'm reading Hannah Whitall Smith's The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life (an admittedly horrible title), but it's slowing me down and giving me great perspective. She was a quaker author that mastered the art of being grateful. I'm going post some thoughts on it this week.

7. For strength.
This whole running thing is sort of fun. I went to the gym yesterday and ran for 20 consecutive minutes. I am sore, but my body is capable of things I didn't know were possible. It always feels good to push my limits.

8. For widsom and leisure.
Over lunch yesterday I walked around downtown KC and listened to Rob Bell's brilliant new series - Jesus Wants to Save Christians. Download it. From what I've heard so far, I'm intrigued. Vintage Rob.

9. For promises realized.
The chance to work with these kids at church is the deliverance of a discussion God and I had about how to incorporate Kenyan beauty to KC. That's pretty damn cool.

10. For the cycles of nature.
This weather is popping back and forth between summer and fall (today it's supposed to be in the 80's, Thursday in the 60's). I wore boots for the first time the other day and it got me all excited for fall's slow decline into hibernation. I'm looking forward to sitting around a fire, sipping something warm and opining about the majesty of God revealed in the subtly adult wisdom of fall. (I've always felt like fall was the grownup season.) I think the Were's back porch and Shawnee Mission Park would be excellent backdrops. Call me if you wish to play.

Today's soundtrack: Summer's Gone - Aberfeldy - Young Forever

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home