Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

9.27.2006

Asante sana, Jesus (kumi na moja through kumi na tano)

Why Jesus rocks my face off (reasons 11-15):

11. Sweet Surprises.
I opened up my mailbox yesterday to a beautiful little postcard from one Miss Elizabeth Sue Young. You made me smile…and miss you…and, um oorah and whatnot.

12. His Everywhereness.
It’s pretty sweet that God always listens. I mean, I pray in the car, on a walk, in bed and on the blog. It’s awesome that we don’t have to be in a church to talk to him.

13. Rockstar Brothers.
I stopped by my bro’s new restaurant gig yesterday and it’s awesome. I’m so proud of him. He’s still in school and is working a ton, yet every time I see him in a restaurant, I’m struck by how easily he belongs there. I hope he gets to open his own one day, and I especially hope it makes it. Restaurants are tough, but they’re in our blood.

14. Rediscovered Favorites.
I made an excellent mix a few years ago and lost it on my old iPod. I’d recreated it and found it again last night while I was winding down. It’s called 2:38 and it’s excellent for late nights and reminiscing. I fell asleep during Hiding Behind the Moon by Jeff Hanson and slept like a baby. Everything old is new again.

15. Window Weather.
I have a distinct thankfulness each day for the weather. What can I say, I’m captivated. Yesterday I rocked the drive home from work with the windows down and a little Honky Tonk Woman by the Rolling Stones. That song is not just awesome and funky, but it makes you feel pretty darn hot as you roll around town.

Today's soundtrack: Suntoucher – Groove Armada – Goodbye Country(Hello Nightclub)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home