Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

12.05.2011

The more things change...

Hey guys…remember me? It’s been awhile since I’ve written here, and I’m not sure anyone outside of the people I’ll let know will even remember who I am.

Life has changed a BUNCH.

What fun to go back and see where the story left off – almost exactly 3 years to the day. In the interim I:

-Got married to Mr. Man a year ago

-Moved back to the KS side of our city

-Decided that the church nonsense below wasn’t worth it, and God walked us around in a circle until we ended up back at the same place again with a different viewpoint

-Got our car stolen…and returned 8 days later (There’ll be a post about this. Promise.)

-Have dealt with serious family illnesses and a death, and am seeing what is emerging from the chaos

-Saw an upheaval in my friendships and have an almost new community

-Learned to cherish and respect my immediate family more as we went through the wedding process

-Have begun the process of starting our family and am sifting through what it means when it isn’t coming together quickly

-Have come to love (and laugh at) how we repeat the same patterns in our lives. Mine is usually larger and more full of upheaval than most everyone I know.

-Spent more hours than I thought possible in my kitchen. And I’m pretty damn good in there.

-Oh yeah, and I turned 30.

So this is a totally new decade. And I’m ready to talk about it. And dream. And see what the hell comes of it all.

I’ve missed this, and you guys. 

2 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Becca said...

You're ba-ack in the blogosphere! The porch light was always on in hopes that you would continue journeying with this blog. I like your musings and the way that you share your heart...thanks for continuing to share your journey.

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading your comments about Villa Teag - Yes they are adorable children. Visited it it 2010, 2011 and will return later this year. Richard (UK) rgb.kenya(curly at)hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home