Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

10.11.2007

"Resting in the grace of the world"

Today something is just well with my soul. I feel like a tiny little drum band is playing inside my heart. I can't trace exactly why it's happening, but it's such a nice little surprise.

It's making me think of all the little things that we take joy in, and how good God is to give us such tiny blessings. For me I can feel all the pleasures of green tea in my cup, a peanut butter english muffin this morning, beautiful girlfriends, an amazing love and the crisp fall weather that caused me to put on tights today.

This world is a good one - contrary to what we hear in the news, from our griping inner monologues or our unsatisfied hearts. True, there is always more to want, strive and hope for, but today, I find inexplicable joy in the now-ness of today.

Or as Wendell Berry says:
"I come into the peace of wild things who do not tax their lives with forethought of grief... For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and am free. "

I am where I am. No more, no less. And the view is beautiful.

Listening to: 7/4 (Shoreline) - Broken Social Scene - Broken Social Scene

3 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is lovely.

- Chief

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger myleswerntz said...

and that's a beautiful song. hope KC is well.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Ally said...

KC's great. Glad to see you're blogging/haikuing again. It's been too long...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home