Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

10.01.2007

Mondayness

It's Monday and my brain's been all sorts of swirly and to and fro lately. If I cock my head...here's what falls out.

- Fall's coming, and I'm pretty excited about that. It's creeping up, but I'm still holding out for more 60-70 degree days before we slide right into drizzly sludge. This is KC after all, and fall seems to last for about a minute and a half around here. I just can't wait to wear sweaters and coats and cozy up with my manfriend on a couch watching movies. Fall is fantastic.

- I need to consume something new and mentally stimulating. It's been awhile since I've finished a book and my attention span is a little short, so articles and music will have to do for now. Anyone checking out anything interesting? I've been spinning the new Jill Scott and it's sorta meh. Her last album really grew on me, but this is a slower starter.

- I had a great weekend in Lincoln - my Husker's pulled out a nice win and my family was wonderful. We went to mass in the a.m. and the choir was angelic and lovely...surprising for a Catholic service. The priest talked quite a bit about generosity, charity and caring for the poor, so as it finds a home in my heart, maybe we'll talk a bit about what that means for us.

- Lastly, for a bit of Monday hearting, one of my best girls sent this my way this morning, and I had to pass it along -

“It was a beautiful thing that you came alongside me in my troubles.”
– Paul the Apostle (msg)


Thanks to all of you who've journeyed with me through mine. It's a bountiful season of life that I'm in right now, and I owe it to you all who've nurtured and cared for me in the leaner seasons. Grace, peace and love be with you all today. Show someone love that needs it. The world is a better place with you in it.

1 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger Becca Amber said...

Ally,
after much frusteration/password forgetfullness, i can finally comment! It may be a mixed blessing, i realize...anywyas, becca here, this is so in response ot a music question awhile back, music that makes me feel beautiful...I've been craving more unpredictable, melancholy music, I guess--to reflect my feelings around impending winter, but Beck's Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime,
the piano piece from Amelie, Comptine d'Un Autre Été, throw it in esnips to hear it,
and on a lighter sunshiney day note--I don't care what anyone says , the new Smashing Pumpkins That's the Way is a good reminder, of God's infallible love. Hope your Mondayness is stretching toward, Sundays Blessings! Grace, Becca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home