Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

4.18.2007

Loyally


I don't think much about being an ADPI now that I'm out of school.
My letters still emblazon my gym t-shirts. I frequently run in my favorite hat. Last night I had an amazing 2 hour talk with one of my favorite sisters. My sorority was largely a thing of the past.
Then today I got an email from a woman who I admire so fiercely. She was 2 years ahead of me and in her kindness, she was the true embodiment of sisterhood. She's now an active advisor for my old chapter and she'd heard about the tragedy at Virginia Tech. Her first reaction was to extend her prayers and support to the Eta Pi chapter there.
In her correspondence, it turns out that one of my little sisters at VT was injured. Thankfully, she's going to be all right.
As I read my sister's email and the response back from the VT Eta Pi president, I instantly remembered the words I uttered in our ceremonies. Our colors, azure blue and white. Our mascot. Our secrets. The women I've lost touch with over time. Holding their hands during a candle pass. Our initiation robes.
I am thankful that they are all safe...as far as I know.
Their safety is a warm blanket.
Today I'm reminded that true sisterhood bridges time, generation and space. This recovering woman is a sister of mine, and today, I grieve for her and her chapter, and I pray the 15th Psalm over her.
"He that doeth these things shall never be moved."
Loyally,
Your sister from Epsilon Mu <>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home