Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

2.14.2007

Spreading the love

Although the chilly winter weather in the Midwest isn't a warm harbinger of this V-Day, I'm all sorts of brimming with love today.

You see, dear readers, I have quite a few valentines in my life.

Now, before you start thinking that I'm "that" kind of girl, you should know that I'm spending this Valentine evening with all the people I love best in this world.



One of my lovely friends has decided to eschew the traditional heartfest (read: singles feeling lonely, marrieds feeling pressured) in a dinner celebration that gathers us all around the same table. We'll be spreading the love and rejoicing in all the ways God has touched our lives and made us bearers of His love.

What a beautiful idea.

"Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired." Mother Teresa

Today's Soundtrack: Valentine, NE - Rachel Ries - For You Only

3 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ally,
Hey! I've been waiting for your valentines page--because I was looking forward to your quip about the whole day! --great as always...do you believe
my roomate's birthday is TODAY! So we're
celebrating--in house minus chipati since she made some last weekend.
Blessings, Becca

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger myleswerntz said...

you're giving your love to Tusker? that's pretty cool.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Ally said...

You'll enjoy partaking of the Tusker on your African safari...trust me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home