Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

1.30.2007

tête-à-tête

Please sit down.
No, I mean it.
You look like you need to rest.

I’m sure your muscles ache (as you clutch for power).
I can see your eyes glazed over (confused and betrayed).

Just breathe.
Remember how I showed you?
Feel my hands on your face.
Just slow it all down.
It feels good, doesn’t it?
Like peace should.

Your color is coming back.

You know this isn’t what I have in mind for you.
I can tell that you remember that.
I promise there will be plenty of opportunities to work hard,
but I didn’t curse you with my love.
I gave you a gift.

Oh, now, shhhh.
Please don’t say you don’t deserve it.
These words will drip over you.
You’ll take them in like honey.

I just love you.
(It’s ok that you’re crying.)
I love you.
As you are today.
I just love you.
As you were in the womb.
Even as that tiny baby.
I love you.
As you’ll be on your deathbed.

You're enough-enough for me.

Do you feel better yet?
That’s peace.
Knowing that I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home