Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

1.14.2007

I watch the sun as it comes up, I watch it as it sets...

...Yeah, this is as good as it gets.
Beautiful World - Colin Hay

I've had a revelation tonight. My chili's simmering, a Sierra Nevada is at my side and I've been playing this song on repeat for about a half hour as I tried to write something inspired. And...well, it's five starts later. Nothing.

I did puzzle for a bit, but then it finally hit me - I don't have writers block and there isn't anything I haven't said to those of you I do life with. Eureka! It's not bad that I don't have something to spit out!

The empty well persists because it's like this song says, "perhaps this is as good as it gets." I have nothing to say because my life is so rich that I'm having trouble dissecting it. More to the point, I think it's blasphemous to keep questioning all this blessing and not revel in it more.

It's because I'm living my life that I don't want to be writing about it.

You see, God is using the best parts of me IN the living out of my life. You know, those parts that get up and live out the everyday. Those parts that heal. Those pieces that love. They get used up on those of you that love me and hold me and support me. You're the ones who hear my posts. You're the ones who laugh with me and comment back.

So, if we haven't seen each other in a while, let's have coffee and catch up face to face. I'd really like that. As for this, I'm freeing up my burden. I'll pop in and out when the spirit moves me. Life is so much more magical when you hold it loosely anyhow.

"The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.
Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world."
Psalm 19:1-4

So, until we meet again...may you look up for a minute. May you see God in the heavens. May He hold you in the palm of His hand. Ergo, enjoy what you've got. Live life and BE love to someone who needs it. They're probably right in front of you.

2 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sierra and chili.

yum.

B

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Esue said...

So happy that you've taken to my friend Colin Hay. And David. I like him too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home