Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

1.12.2007

"You're going to be 26? Well, you're just a baby...."

said one of my co-workers condescendingly. To which I responded like an adult - hands on my hips, bottom lip jutting out, "but...but...I know."

If only I'd found this bit of eloquence to counter him first.

“Maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had, and what you've learned from them, and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.”

I always thought I was wise beyond my years, anyway.

5 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. I'll bite.

When's your birthday Ally? Soon I trust.

As for 26, hell by that time I'd been married twice and had three stepkids in tow.

Different things happen to different people.

New topic.....

Is your Passat light green? I think I saw you on the way to work the other day.

Take care.

And happy birthday, whenever it is!!!

B

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Ally said...

I promise I wasn't trying to be cryptic. It's on Tuesday.

Life is different, but to be honest, this isn't exactly what I'd thought it'd be.

Still, some days I think it's even better than I could've dreamed up.

Paddy's light green. If you see her again, be sure to honk and make her feel popular :)

How the heck is BEAP these days?

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beap is now B. Barkley. Same as ever. It's like all jobs.

Actually we should take this offline.

: )

B

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unsolicited "constructive" criticism.....

Is it welcome?

: )

Bruce

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Ally said...

I guess that depends on how "constructive" it is. :)

Offline works for me. You should still have my emails.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home