Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

10.17.2006

On the horizon

A few weeks ago, I found this newfound desire to learn how to run. The plan was going well, and I was up to 21 minutes of consecutive running. (It's all about the small victories, y'all. )

However, with my opera craziness, I've hit the gym a grand total of twice in the last two weeks. Boo. Still, the program was going well, so a friendly little kick in the butt this weekend got me about new challenges. It looks like I'm going to get the chance to step it up, courtesy of my marathoning lady friends. At the beginning of December, Jeter and I are going to visit Miss E Sue Young, where they will put on their big kid pants and rock the half marathon out, and I will tackle my very first 5K!

My goal is simple: I want to run or jog the whole thing. It's not about time, just building up these fragile little lungs. I bought new shoes yesterday to celebrate (and keep my lower back and ankles from hurting) and if all goes well, this will be the first of many forays into the world of the running.

Cross your fingers, say a prayer. Training begins tonight with a 1.5 mile run outside.

Tonight's running soundtrack: Beck - The Information

3 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger little jeter said...

How was the run? So proud, so proud!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Ally said...

It was completed. 1 down :)

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Esue said...

Ladies, start your engines!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home