Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

10.27.2006

Friday quickness

It's Jesus-tastic!

Download this great bible search tool. Go to the Starter Kit Download and in about 15 seconds you're in like Flynn if you gots that mad crazy broadband all the kids be talkin' bout. (Sorry...computers make me get all hood and stuff.)

I always find myself remembering bits of verses..."where is that section where Jesus mentioned a stone, asking and receiving and something about a parent?" (Answer: Matthew 7:7-11) Usually I just call Cass, but now I won't have to! This search is MUCH better than Bible Gateway, too.

The Truth is Somewhere in the Middle

This BBC column about the tragedy in Darfur, Sudan is lengthy, but entirely worth the read to see both sides. Two men square off on the idea of international involvement in the region. It’s (unfortunately) somewhat stereotypical – the Westerner pushes decisive troops now, and an economic rebuilding role lead by the Africans in the aftermath, while the African (Egyptian, actually) seeks to uphold national sovereignty, perhaps at the cost of civilians.

Upon reading this, unfortunately it’s easy to see that our proactive responses in Iraq & Afghanistan are gravely shaping the role the other countries want us to have in their world.

New Music Recs

John Legend - Once Again
Reminiscent of old Marvin Gaye-style R&B crooners. The backup singers are phenomenal, and I'm liking it more and more with each listen. It's the type of stuff your parents would dance to. Makes you want to be an adult. I'm sure it'll be one of '06's best.
Must listen to: Heaven, P.D.A (We Just Don't Care) and Slow Dance

Beck - The Information
So this album is getting a lot of hype about how it's NOT Guero. I'm not sure if that's bad or not. I think it's better - not quite as loud and obvious as his last release and it makes me want to visit Vegas and drive around in an old Cadillac convertible (red, of course). But most notably, it's been my running soundtrack for each of my outdoor runs.
Must listen to: Elevator Music, Think I'm in Love, New Round

But, enough about me...what's up with you kiddos? The comments section has been strangely silent as of late and I'm sure it's because you're living international, jet-setting, playboy rockstar lives lately...what's new?

5 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's quiet because we're eating olives while wearing leggings with name-dropping, vodka-drinking punk rockers.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Ally said...

Well, Mr(s). Anonymous-Smartypants...it is safe to say that's why we haven't seen each other.

Now, what about my friends drinking Newcastle and reading the New York Times at the nail salon?

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's meet at the airport security booth. I'll be the one in the "FBI - Federal Boob Inspector" tshirt. We can read Beowulf and reenact our favorite Seinfeld scenes.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger NWO said...

I'm a silent reader. But you are a fascinating read.

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's difficult to fathom the level of humor I'm capable of here, in the comments. Now THAT's facsinating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home