Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

10.26.2006

What makes me tick

Me encanta:
Whole Foods
Opera
John Legend – Once Again
Remembering Africa
Painting my toenails
How strong I feel after a run
Colossians, Psalms, Proverbs
The Office
Living in stillness
Going to movies...by myself
Dark beer
Warm, comfy blankets
Tootsie Rolls
Yummy smelling bath products
Little kids smiling
Reading the newspaper
Bobby pins
Voting
Going for a drive
Writing in a journal with black sharpie
Turning the TV off
Seeing things come to fruition
Wasting time with someone
Making tea on the stove in a kettle
Walking through a park
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Living in covenant with my friends
Reveling in the mysteries of life
Spending a day with a soundtrack - isolated by the music, yet engaged
Laughing…often
Revisiting memories in my mind
Getting or giving flowers
Grocery shopping
Making someone feel loved

No me encanta:
Olives
Political TV ads
Waiting for the phone to ring
Name-droppers
Rude customer service people
Scenesters
Leggings
The smell of graham crackers
Cough syrup
Judgmental people
Arrogance
Graphic/offensive t-shirts about women’s anatomy
Airport security
Watching TV news
Punk rock
Ramen noodles
People who use guilt to get their way
Elitism
A man I’ve recently met telling me that my viewpoint is “cute” or “utterly wrong”
Blanket condemnation of an entire group of people
Biblical literalists
Selfishness
Vodka
My inability to keep gloves, hats and scarves
Literature I’m “supposed to like” (Catch 22, Beowulf…I’m talking to you)
Seinfeld

Today's soundtrack: The Greatest of Ease - The OneAM radio - A Cloud's Fear of Kites

2 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heart olives and ramen noodles. At least I didn't come after cheese this time. K

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Ally said...

You like lots of stuff I don't. Pickup trucks and military men spring immediately to mind :)

You'll notice cheese didn't make the list at all this time. Although I did make homemade Mac&Cheese last night and it.was.damn.good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home