Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

9.01.2006

"a walking tour of one's own headache"





















In an attempt to properly celebrate the end of one beautimous summer, I'll be roadtripping up to Minneapolis to see the folks today.

Free food, wine with my Dad, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, skyrides and hot dogs at the Minnesota State Fair. Hooray for Labor Day weekend.

For some company on the long drive, I just had to create a new playlist. Enjoy yourselves on this nice little break.

Almost Fall
Nicotine - Ani DiFranco - Reprieve
Sad, But Endearingly So - Say Hi to Your Mom - Impeccable Blahs
One Place - Everything But The Girl - Acoustic
Looks Good (But You Looked Away) - The Helio Sequence - Love And Distance
Burn One Down - Ben Harper - Fight for Your Mind
Fire Eye'd Boy - Broken Social Scene - Broken Social Scene
A Message - Coldplay - X&Y
Two Step - Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds - Live At Luther College
So Here We Are - Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Neighborhood #2 (Laika) - The Arcade Fire - Funeral
Love Song - Death Cab for Cutie - Good Music for UNICEF Tsunami Relief Fund
Put You to Sleep - Dolorean - Violence In the Snowy Fields
Honey and the Moon - Joseph Arthur - Redemption's Son
Magic in the Air - Badly Drawn Boy - The Hour of Bewilderbeast
Burning - The Whitest Boy Alive - Dreams
One Of These Things First - Nick Drake - Bryter Layter

*Update: I was directed towards a brilliant piece Slate magazine did. Yup. That's pretty much going to be my Saturday.

2 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger NWO said...

Thanks for the playlist--I'm always looking for good stuff. Enjoy the fair!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Ally said...

I'm so bummed out...rainy weather and visiting cousins made the fair a no-go. But I've had a nice time with the folks!

In fact, I've loved it so much, that I'm stuck here for an extra day while my VW gets worked on first thing Tuesday a.m. Le sigh.

Stupid sexy Paddy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home