Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

11.10.2006

a community of prayer




I am riveted by the powerful gift of prayer. It is majestic, mysterious and highly personal.

If it didn't separate me from the ecstasy of life, I think I'd like to do nothing but pray. Since that's not practical, I've found ways to incorporate it into daily living.

smiling at a child.
going for a walk.
holding someone's hand.
wasting time with a friend.
acting in faith.
driving to work.
admiring a sunset.
watching an opera.

All the while thanking God and thinking of his vastness. I am a woman of prayer. I believe in its healing. I cherish this mysterious gift where I am able to see the face of my God and know him better.

****

Yesterday God asked me to hold out a life preserver to those of you that might be sinking.

If you don't trust Him to answer you, ask someone else to pray for you. Watch what happens.

If you believe in the power of prayer, but aren't finding the right words or are too tired, ask someone to pray for you. Share your burdens. Watch what happens.

If you want to see miracles happen, pray with people. Watch what happens.

You all have held me up when my legs gave out.

Grab my hand. Let's go somewhere quiet.

If any of you want to use this space to ask for prayer or give thanks, I welcome it in the comments section. If you're not feeling brave, email me (allyson_moore@hotmail.com) and we'll hash it out together.

I'll start.

Loving, amazing and life-giving God,
Inspire my heart to expand.
Help me to love the people around me like they need to be loved.

Help me to seek not to be understood by others,
but to understand,
and to find my understanding and identity in you.

Refresh me.
Cleanse me of any malice or ill-will.
Help me to be a peacemaker.
Help me to heal wounds and not to create them.

These are my prayers. Please pray for me.

"For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them." Matthew 18:20

Today's soundtrack: Big Enough to Hold Me - Waterdeep - You are So Good to Me

1 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can certainly pray for me. I always can use the boost of positiveness in my life.

(Never thought you'd see this, did you?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home