Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

10.31.2006

Two things:

















1. It's Tuesday diagram fun!

This was my attempt to understand 1 Peter 5:5-9. I'm sure it's more than confusing to all of you. However, as I tried to understand the cause and effect language in this letter, it ended up morphing into this.

I find it hilarious that I a) still can't draw people b) now understand this piece of scripture pretty well and c) took the time to draw a diagram.

2. We are a product of our past.

I'm trying to come up with a new playlist for Week 3 of running (12.5 miles logged thus far!!!) and I found myself thinking, "I don't have nearly enough techno or dance/rap."

Wow. Old habits die out of the iPod first and the brain second.

(A little disclaimer here might be prudent. Since I danced so much in high school, I was an eager consumer of dance music and, yes, even Sisqo's album back in the day. Still, "The Thong Song" will not be on treadmill rotation. Ever.)

But before I look like I'm lying, y'all better recognize that Justin Timberlake's "My Love," and Prince's "I Feel for You" most definitely make the cut. (They're like crack.)

Do not lose faith, dear reader, I will be righting the cosmic balance by driving home with Patty Griffin.

3 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would judge me if you knew what was on my iPod. K

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger little jeter said...

look at you...already clocked nearly a half marathon (it is in your future I tell you). If you find a good collection of tunes do share, I need an update too.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Ally said...

Kel - I do know what's on your iPod...and I still heart.

But if Ashlee Simpson helps you out at the gym, then she "makes me wanna lala" too :)

Jeter - a running mix for you is forthcoming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home