Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

5.07.2007

Mama, would you be a dahlin' and fetch me a sweet tea?



So, this weekend Cass and I went to see her old world in Stillwater, Oklahoma. To say that it was a much needed vacation is an understatement, but besides the overwhelming sense of peace I got from visiting the south, I also learned that I:

1. Suck at shuffleboard
2. Rule at naming an artist, song and album in the first 5 seconds
3. Might be the only person who gets inspired to pray in a bar…and does it
4. Find myself saying “y’all,” “mama,” and “daddy,” the second I get south of Kansas
5. Am not a hard-core runner when the humidity is 150%
6. Need to be closer to big, vast skies
7. Have a second family in Cass’
8. Just feel a lot happier in a hammock


5 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#9: When forced to, can SLAM on some Chili's (and want to GO BACK!) KMC

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Esue said...

There is something to be said for that southern charm. I can't say that I've fallen head over heels for sweet tea, or Nascar. But I do love me some southerners.

One of my favorite little southerners down here from Georgia always calls "GAUZE, LOOK!" whenever he wants his friends (guys) to check out something amazing he has discovered on the playground, like a rock, or a dead bug.

Also, I have a new, hot neighbor who frequents the hammock outside his house...topless. I'm learning to love the hammock as well...

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your shuffleboard game is not THAT bad....

KMC - Chili's AND Panera. Mark it down people, it will never happen again.

#10 College boys......

#11 College boys

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Ally said...

Kel - You've never watched me play shuffleboard - this was my first attempt! And it wasn't AWFUL, but I'm definitely better at Golden Tee :)

E - Is the hammock loving neighbor the same guy that has a passion for motorcycles?

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Esue said...

No, the biker is always heavily clad in leather. My new friend with a hammock is a cyclist!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home