Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

2.10.2006

I heart the following.

1. Newcastle. Oh, delicious brown ale from England. "How I love thee. Let me count the pints..."

2. Beck - Guero. This album rocks my face off. The track "Hell Yes" gives me an idea of what Napoleon would dance to in a ND sequel. "Sweet. I want that."

3. Mute Math, Veda and the Bottleneck. Sweet venue...totally dirty and rock & roll. The show was so. good. Run, don't walk to buy Mute Math's CD, or stream their album here.

4. "My" silver Jeep. It's a rental, so I'm not TOTALLY f*ing up the environment. I gotta be real...you feel pretty pimp in this car.



5. Paddy. I miss you, homie. You'll be home soon after they repair your messed up trunk. I love you. Seriously. Come home soon.

6. God. He should probably get an earlier shout out, but he's always cast as the alpha and omega...what about theta? He'd probably like to be in the middle more. Anyway, I really like Him. He's the one who gives me all the other stuff I'm happy about. Especially #1.

7. Medium Cheddar Cheese. Seriously, I believe I could subsist ENTIRELY on sliced portions of this fantastic food. I'm partial to Kraft. Can you tell I'm posting before lunch? UPDATE: Kelli Christman also adores cheddar cheese. She puts it on everything and requested a shoutout. I have now satisfied my BFF duties.

8. Books. This category rotates almost everyday since I read 3-10 books at any given time. (I've been reading What's the Matter with Kansas for going on 9 months now. Consequently, I do recommend it.) Here's the latest reading list:

  • Praise Habit - David Crowder
  • A Long Way Down - Nick Hornby
  • The Bible - misc. authors and inspirational sources
  • The Last Word and The Word After That - Brian McLaren
  • The End of the Affair - Graham Greene

9. Music. You've all probably picked up on this...but I've already mentioned music twice. So, I'll share my favorite new iPodtastic Gator playlist. Entitled Wom.In. -

  • Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp - Led Zeppelin - How The West Was Won
  • We Looked Like Giants - Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism
  • Long Black Veil - Johnny Cash - The Best Of Johnny Cash: San Quentin To Folsom
  • Fire Door - Ani DiFranco
  • 22 Steps - Andy Stochansky - Five Star Motel
  • Green Eyes - Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head
  • Let It Be Me -Indigo Girls - Rites Of Passage
  • Just Like Heaven - The Cure
  • Beautiful Girl - Nadas - Coming Home
  • I Wish I Was the Moon - Neko Case - Blacklisted
  • Nothing Like You and I - The Perishers - Let There Be Morning
  • American Wife -Rilo Kiley - Good Music for UNICEF Tsunami Relief Fund

10. Friday. In the immortal words of Montell Jordan. "This is how we do it. It's Friday night and I feel alright - the party's here on the West side. So I reach for my 40 and I turn it up, designated driver take the keys to my truck..."

Word is bond. Peace out and have a spectacular weekend. Get jazzed about something and make your own Top 10 list.

2 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta be SHARP CHEDDAR, but you're on the right track.

Actually smoked swiss from that cheese mart on the way to the lake is pretty amazing too. Deanna even likes it. And she's like Mikey. She hates everything.

B

 
At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops.

I forgot the one other necessity in life.

Bacon.

Nice and crispy...

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home