Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

2.03.2006

Mark Your Calendars....


















...for the hottest party of your life! More details will be forthcoming, but for now, I've settled on a date and location our Upendo (Love) party to raise money for the Soulfari Kenya trip.

Tell your friends, stay in town, and if you recognize hotness...you KNOW this night is going to be filled with beauty of inferno-like proportions.

In other random Africa-related news, Bono gave an AMAZING speech yesterday at the National Prayer Breakfast. Read it here (DATA.ORG).

He said something at that pretty well sums up how I feel about my life and the obligation, gift and call associated with helping people. As I watched it on C-Span, I had chills...


“A number of years ago, I met a wise man who changed my life. In countless ways, large and small, I was always seeking the Lord’s blessing. I was saying, you know, I have a new song, look after it… I have a family, please look after them… I have this crazy idea…

And this wise man said: stop. He said, stop asking God to bless what you’re doing. Get involved in what God is doing—because it’s already blessed.

Well, God, as I said, is with the poor. That, I believe, is what God is doing. And that is what He’s calling us to do.”


There is no fear when you float down God's river...you know the current will carry you to beautiful places. Soon, very soon, that river will carry me to Africa, and you are going too.

Your beautiful little strings are tied securely around my waist, like the buoyant raft that you all are to me.

2/3's Recommended Soundtrack: "Send Me On My Way" - Rusted Root - When I Woke

2 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Esue said...

Can't wait to see how this party takes shape!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Ally said...

Me too.

I especially hope you'll wear the onesie that is now your picture. Whatever happened to Asian Elizabeth?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home