Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

1.31.2006

Jamii

Today's kiswahilli word of the day is jamii. It means community or family, and it's been heavy on my mind lately. More specifically, where the distinctive lines for family are drawn, what it means to be a true community, and how I can best preserve these relationships and embrace my independent vision.

I am sorry for the MIA status this last week. Life has been throwing me some curveballs, and in the midst of some really intense soul-searching, it's about all I can do to keep my head above water right now. I'll resume with the inspirational/introspective entries when I regain some of my usual Ally-ness, but right now, there isn't a lot left in the well. So, today's entry is humble and soul-bearing.

Thank you so much to everyone for carrying me when I am too tired to walk.

I need your prayers, your strength and your conviction. I now understand the meaning of "it takes a village."

To the ones giving me a piggyback ride right now:

kel - You've got the realism-thing down pat. I love knowing that you have my back and you'll fight for me. Coffee was therapuetic...even if I was up OBSCENELY early. You're amazing.

e - Thank you for not letting me give up and being my pointman when I'm too tired/afraid to plan. You are a rock and my mentor.

cass - Your compassionate ear is an oasis in the desert. You refresh me.

ty - I don't know if you read this, but your humor uplifts my spirit, and you cut through all my crap. Thank you for being real.

joolee & sarah - Your vision is inspiring. I hope that my eyes can shine as brightly as yours. Thank you for walking with me down the hill and up it.

Badaye. (Later).

2 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

remember.....sometimes it's hard to comprehend when you haven't seen someone take baby steps. We love you! -KMC

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Esue said...

it takes a village to keep esueyoung in forward motion as well. praise be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home