Follow The String

Sometimes I imagine that carry a ball of string with infinite threads that I wrap around everyone I meet, then they take it on their own way. We are all intertwined through these connections. Last summer, I took the spiderweb to Kenya, and passed it off to some beautiful people. Come on in. Watch it grow. Help me learn something.

5.19.2006

"I'd do anything to get your attention"

Lately I've been way too intense.

I know, I know, "Shock me shock me shock me..."

So, yesterday I took the day off, and God did lots of stuff that got my attention. Just in case you thought he's just around in prayers, hymns and self-denial, he's postively everywhere.

You're welcome to be a voyeur to my yesterday if you don't believe me.

8:20 a.m. I wake up from a lovely dream, and lie in bed. The first thought of the day flits across my cortex. I'm so blessed. Swimming in loveliness, I stretch out my well-rested limbs and revel in how extra-soft my sheets feel. I love that my Mom bought me super nice sheets in college.

8:26 a.m. Commence creating my favorite breakfast - Whole Wheat Eggo waffles with gobs of natural peanut butter, strawberries dripping with crimson juice, and two cups of Sumatra, decadently black and perfectly rich.

8:45 - 10:45 a.m. Journaling and a 2-hour marathon reading session of Brian McLaren's book - The Story We Find Ourselves In. I haven't read like this in a long time. Time gets lost for awhile.

12:30 - 1:30 p.m. I pack up a lunch and head to a park to enjoy the beautiful sun. I keep reading my book and I've decided to wear my straw cowboy hat to block the sun. It feels like I'm 10 and decided to wear a ballerina outfit around for the day. Do you think people would think I look strange if I wore this to work? I can't believe how good I feel in this hat. It must be magic.

My thoughts come like machine-gun fire. They're not anxious and busy like usual, but instead, intensely present and they are taking in every stimulus around me. God is everywhere! I don't think I've been this overwhelmed by his majesty in awhile. I'm there for about 30 minutes before I even realize I haven't plugged in my iPod. I'm getting used to silence.

1:45 p.m. I pick up a Chocolate Fudge ice cream cone at Baskin-Robbins. It's dripping everywhere and I. Don't. Care. I'm still wearing my hat.

2:00 p.m. I go to see Akeelah & the Bee by myself. This is one of my most favoritest things in the world to do - I love to see movies by myself. This movie is brilliant. I'm pissed that I didn't bring my journal in to the theatre. There are so many great words that I could be encorporating into my vocabulary. Ahh...at least I'll have a reason to see it again.

3:50 p.m. Driving home in stop-and-go traffic on 435, I start crying as I listen to Coldplay's Yellow. I'm so perfectly happy, and I feel like God's singing to me directly, "Look at the stars, look how they shine for you, and all the things you do..." All my windows are down, my cowboy hat is on, and I'm weeping.

And that is how God shows Ally Moore that he loves her. :)

Yesterday's soundtrack:
Anything (To Get Your Attention) - Van Hunt Album: Van Hunt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home